Rural Health Resource Guide
Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Resources
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC or RHIHub)
RAC is an “information portal” and “one-stop-shop” that helps rural communities and other rural stakeholders access the full range of available programs, funding, and research that can enable them to provide quality health and human services to rural residents. RAC offers many services to help inform decisions: an online library, information and resources based on topic and state, tools for success, publications as well as updates and customized assistance. All services are provided free of charge.
- Rural Community Health Gateway
The Gateway can help build effective community health programs and improve services. Resources and examples in this Gateway are chosen for effectiveness and adaptability and are drawn from programs with a strong history of service and community success. Evidence-based toolkits include literature reviews and provide resources to implement programs on topics such as: care coordination, community health workers, mental health and substance abuse, obesity prevention, etc.
- Rural Health Research Gateway
The Rural Health Research Gateway is an online library of research and expertise. It’s free to use, searchable, and provides access to the work of all ten federally-funded Rural Health Research Centers and Policy Analysis Initiatives.
- White House Rural Council
- HealthIT.gov Rural Health Resources
- Health IT Telehealth Start-up and Resource Guide (PDF)
- AHRQ Guide to Health IT in Small and Rural Communities
- FCC Rural Care Program
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Info for Rural Health Providers
Last Reviewed: November 2015