About the Office of Women's Health
The HRSA Office of Women’s Health (OWH) leads women’s health-related activities across the agency. We support programs that provide health care to women and girls who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable.
We demonstrate how HRSA delivers for women’s health by providing leadership and subject matter expertise through policy, program, outreach and education. Watch the video below to learn how we fulfill our mission.
Watch other videos in our series, Voices: Women of HRSA
What are Our Priority Areas?
We have three cross-cutting priority areas that contribute to HRSA’s vision to support Healthy People, Healthy Communities:
- We use social media to raise awareness about the availability of women’s preventive services.
- We highlight women’s preventive services during national health observances.
- We are collaborating on a pilot to integrate Screening and Counseling for Intimate Partner Violence (PDF - 168 KB) in HRSA-funded community health centers.
- We lead the HRSA-wide Strategy to Address Intimate Partner Violence.
- We are integrating trauma-informed principles into HRSA workplace policies and practices.
- We co-lead the Early Childhood Trauma Collaborative Innovation Network.
How Does Our Work Help Women and Girls?
- We integrate OWH priorities into HRSA policies and programs by using evidence-based, data-driven approaches that achieve a positive impact.
- We engage with stakeholders to gather and interpret information to shape women's health policy.
- We collaborate with internal and external partners to improve HRSA programs for underserved women and girls.
- We develop, carry out, and evaluate programs and initiatives to achieve health equity among women and girls.
- We create, coordinate, and distribute resources to educate providers and consumers about the biological and social effects of sex and gender.
- We educate providers and consumers about the positive impact we make on women’s health.
Date Last Reviewed: October 2016
Agency Overview (PDF - 812 KB)
HRSA Year in Review (PDF - 1 MB)
Our Research & Other Articles
Tales from Women Working in Mines (PDF - 153 KB)
HRSA Delivers for Women’s Health Infographic (PDF - 135 KB)