TALX (The Employment Verification System at HRSA)
How it Works
This automated service provides quick and easy access to employment information. No more need for faxing, mailing, or phone-calling that slows down the closing of loans or other employee business that requires a verification of employment. Now, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, employers can pick up the phone or log onto the web to verify this employment and salary information.
Employees can use TALX The Work Number® in three easy steps:
- Authorize the verification by completing the verifier’s (lender’s, bank, etc.) authorization form.
- Provide the verifier with:
- TALX The Work Number® access options - http://www.theworknumber.com/ or 1-800-367-5690
- HHS Employer Code: 14775
- Salary Key (if needed)
- Sit back and relax!
Key Advantages for Employees
- Quick/Simple – Secure Automated verification service
- Time Efficient – Speeds up credit/loan application process
- Verify Anytime/Anywhere – Accessible 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Widely used by most companies
- Free Service – No cost to employees
When you try to access the TALX system as en employee, you will be asked to enter a User id and a Pin.
- Your user id: is your full SSN
- Your initial pin is:last digits of SSN + Full Birth Year (example 12341953)
You will be prompt to enroll in the Enhanced Security or Risk Based Authentication. This is mandatory and must be completed in order to use the system.
Agency Overview (PDF - 210 KB)
HRSA Year in Review (PDF - 1 MB)
Careers at HRSA
HRSA offers many career opportunities for job seekers at all levels.
Pathways for Students and Recent Graduates